FOUNDATION YEAR in Australia
The University of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) is one of the leading teaching and research universities in Australia - renowned for the quality of its graduates and its commitment to new and creative approaches to educationand research. Its motto - Scientia Manu et Mente ("Knowledge by Hand and Mind") - encapsulates the University's central philosophy of balancing the practical and the scholarly.
UNSW graduates are highly employable and command some of the best starting salaries.
As a result, more than half of New South Wales' top HSC students consistently make UNSW their first preference, more than all other universities in the State combined.
The University also enjoys the reputation of Australia's leading international university with the largest on-campus enrolment of international students and over 200 sister university partnerships around the world, amongst many other international activities
UNSW has over 40,000 students including over 8,800 international students
, from over 120 different countries and an additional 1,800 international students in pre-University programs.
UNSW Foundation Year
UFY is recognised by other Australian and international universities
- meets the special needs of students with different educational backgrounds;
- has proven success in helping international students adapt to the Australian environment before they start their undergraduate studies;
- offers the security of a provisional place at UNSW in one of the students preferred undergraduate programs
Location of UNSW Foundation Year
- UNSW Foundation Year is offered at the UNSW main campus at Kensington, an inner south-eastern suburb of Sydney.
- 20 minutes by bus from Central railway station in the city;
- 15 minutes by taxi from the airport;
- 30 minutes from the ferry terminals at Circular Quay;
- 20 minutes from the Bondi Junction railway station;
- easily accessible from the nearby suburbs of Bondi, Bronte, Clovelly, Coogee and Maroubra.
- The campus caters for the needs of 5000 staff and 40,000 students. Extensively landscaped, the grounds provide a safe, clean environment for learning and living.
- UNSW Foundation Year is located in a leafy quadrangle near the main University entrance. UNSW Foundation Year students have full use of all the resources at UNSW, such as the Library, Sports Centre and Health Centre.
Learning for the Future
- all your classes are on UNSW campus;
- lecture and tutorial style of teaching
- about 16-18 students in tutorial classes, so you receive individual attention;
- you participate actively in class, this gives you confidence in speaking English and develops presentation skills;
- special consultation times with teachers;
- support services if you experience study difficulties;
- teachers are highly skilled and sensitive to the needs of international students.