A Catholic Co-educational
English Language Courses (ELICOS)
High School Courses (Years10,11 & 12)
University of New South Wales
St. Pauls International College
Located in the scenic Southern
Highlands of New South Wales, St. Pauls International College offers Bridging,
Senior Secondary Higher School Certificate and University Foundation Courses to
boarding and day students drawn from a range of Australian and international
backgrounds. The College has an outstanding record of academic achievement, with
some 95% of its students progressing to Australian universities each year.
Operated by the Sisters of St. Paul de Chartres since 1986, St. Pauls is built
around the principles of academic excellence, social justice, responsibility and
respect. Set in 18 acres of landscaped gardens, with easy access to both Sydney
and Canberra, this co-educational College provides a safe, international
environment which is responsive to each students individual needs academic,
personal and social.
State-of-the-art classroom facilities and highly
qualified professional teachers, boarding supervisors and ancillary staff, and
separate, single-room accommodation for male and female students ensure an
environment that is both compatible with and conducive to study.
though it is of its academic record, St. Pauls is also concerned with the social
and moral development of its students and provides all-round training that
equips each student with the skills and principles to meet the challenges of an
increasingly globalized world.
Moss Vale is situated in the scenic Southern Highlands of New South
Wales. The area is famous for its picturesque gardens, parklands and grand
residences. In addition, the local area is popular for its mix of thriving towns
and rural ambience.
Set in 18 acres of landscaped gardens, the College
provides a safe, tranquil environment that is ideal for study.
is only a five-minute walk from Moss Vale train station and a 90-minute drive
from Sydney International Airport. It is also in close proximity to Canberra,
Australia's capital city, and Wollongong's coastal beaches.
at St. Pauls
St Pauls is able to combine safe, tranquil surroundings with the
modern facilities that students need to succeed in today's technology-driven
world. The College has an outstanding record of academic achievement, with some
95% of its students progressing to Australian universities each year.
The College offers:
- A learning environment that is both academically challenging and caring
- Highly qualified professional teachers who are specialists in their fields
- Small classes that ensure individual attention and academic excellence
- State-of-the-art computer facilities
- First-rate language learning facilities, science laboratories, visual arts
centre and library
- Beautifully maintained gardens and grounds, with tennis and basketball
courts, a soccer field and extensive areas for relaxation
- Comfortable, single-room, accommodation for male and female students, in
separate buildings with modern conveniences
- A team of international chefs providing a range of well-balanced
international and Australian meals
- Easy access to email, fax and telephone services
- 24-hour medical attention and supervision provided by a qualified nurse
- Helpful and up-to-date information on careers and university entrance.
The College has both boarding and day students who come from a range of
Australian and international backgrounds. This rich mix of experience helps St.
Pauls students to learn about and appreciate a diversity of cultures while
developing a healthy respect for the knowledge, skills and principles that unite
College has an extensive and impressive range of facilities designed to provide
an environment that is conducive to effective learning, the social well-being of
individuals and the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle. College facilities
- A newly constructed teaching and learning complex containing well-equipped
classrooms, a multi-function room and an extensive computer and multi-media
- Up-to-date laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- A Visual Arts Centre
- A modern library and study facilities utilising computer technology
- An administration wing with reception, management offices, chapel and clinic
- Impressive kitchen and dining areas that are modern and comfortable
- Large assembly areas for daily use
- 18 acres of beautifully maintained gardens and grounds with tennis and
basketball courts, a soccer field and extensive areas for walks and relaxation
- Separate boarding residences with single-room accommodation for males and
females, and modern conveniences that include laundry, television, relaxation
and gym areas and tutorial rooms for individual or group assistance from
The College offers
courses that prepare students for entry to university. St. Pauls has an
outstanding record of academic achievement, with some 95% of its students
progressing to Australian universities each year.
Proud though it is of
its academic success, St. Pauls is also concerned with the social and moral
development of its students, providing an environment in which they are able to
develop the skills that will stand them in good stead throughout their lives.
The all-round training received at St. Pauls equips each student to meet the
challenges of an increasingly globalized world.
* Bridging Course
students with a minimum of three years high school are able to be assessed
internally as meeting academic requirements for year 10. After completing Year
10 students are eligible for Year 11.
English Language (Bridging)
English Language (Bridging) Course
The College has specialist teachers trained to teach English as a foreign and
second language. This ensures that students acquire the skills they need to
participate in Australian high school and university programs.
Pauls Bridging Course is a 30-hour per week program that provides intensive
English training in the four language skills of:
Academic subjects in the
areas of Mathematics, Computing, Science and Social Science are also included.
Classes are taught in an enjoyable and motivating way that enables students to
use English successfully for study pathways, for socialising and for work.
On successful completion of the Bridging Course, students progress to either:
The University of New South Wales Foundation Studies program (UFS)
The New South Wales Higher School Certificate (HSC)
University of New South Wales Foundation Studies Course (UFS)
Under an agreement with the University of New South Wales (UNSW), St. Pauls is
an accredited provider of the University Foundation Studies program.
This program, in which subjects are specified by the University, is recognised
as meeting the requirements for entry to university degree courses. Successful
completion of the program enables students to matriculate into specified
universities in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United
Programs offered at St. Pauls follow two academic streams:
Science and Commerce.
UNSW Degree Course
Students who complete the program in the Science stream will be
eligible to enter one of the following university degree courses:
Students who complete the program in the Commerce stream will be
eligible to enter one of the following university degree courses:
To be eligible for entry into our UFS program, students must have
completed at least five years of high school and achieved an IELTS score of 5.5.
Higher School Certificate (HSC)
The HSC is a qualification recognised by all universities in Australia
and New Zealand, as well as many universities in the United Kingdom and Europe,
the United States and Canada, and many Asian countries, including Japan,
Singapore and Malaysia.
St. Pauls is accredited by the NSW Board of
Studies to offer the HSC program.
Candidates for the HSC must undertake
a program of study comprising a minimum of:
- 12 units of Preliminary Courses (Year 11)
- 10 units of HSC Courses (Year 12)
These units must include at least two units in English and
incorporate at least four subjects. The College offers a range of courses
equivalent to two units each. These 2-Unit subjects are:
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
- Information Processes (Computing)
- Software Development
- Visual Arts
More advanced (Extension) courses are available in English and
To be eligible to enter the HSC program in Year 11,
overseas students must have completed at least four years of high school and
achieved a minimum IELTS score of 4.5.
St. Pauls offers a range of services designed to help students settle
into a new country and learning environment as quickly and as smoothly as
possible. The College staff are always available to help students with any
concerns that they may have. The services provided for students include:
- Separate male and female boarding residences, where each student has his/her
own centrally heated study bedroom
- Modern accommodation facilities, including a laundry, relaxation and
tutorial areas and well-kept gardens and sports fields
- Boarding supervision by resident staff experienced in counselling and
- Supervised study periods each evening and regular tutorial groups with
- A qualified nurse always on hand to provide medical advice and treatment
- A range of organised leisure activities, which also involves a number of
sports and community organisations, providing an opportunity to experience and
contribute to life in the local community
- A team of international chefs to provide a well-balanced range of
international and Australian cuisine
- Airport pick-up
- Individual help with visas, medical insurance, banking and the postal system
- Medical and dental assistance from bilingual professionals
- Communication facilities such as email, telephone and faxes
- Personalised advice on career and further study options, such as university
The Sisters of St. Paul de Chartres
463 Argyle Street, Moss Vale, NSW 2577, Australia
Tel: 612 48682211
Fax: 612 48681610