The University of Adelaide
English Language Centre
The English Language Centre is part of the University of Adelaide and is a national and international leader in the delivery of high-quality education.
At the English Language Centre you will enjoy:
• a motivating learning environment that will develop your English skills to their highest levels
• individual attention and support from highly qualified professionals
• the company of students from many different nations
• access to facilities of the University of Adelaide
• the best opportunity for students to gain university entrance and experience success in tertiary study.
The Centre offers a range of English language and cultural programs to meet the needs of students from language backgrounds other than English:
The English Language Centre Provides:
About The University of Adelaide
A Prestigious University
• Established in 1874, The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s oldest and most prestigious universities.
• The University of Adelaide community comprises more than 18,000 students, including over 3000 international students from approximately 88 countries.
• A member of the ‘Group of Eight’, Australia’s leading research-intensive universities.
• Established reputation for excellence in a broad range of research and education fields.
• Combines traditions of academic distinction with state-of-the-art facilities and a vibrant student life.
• Produced three Nobel Prize Winners and nearly 100 Rhodes Scholars.
• Alumni occupy high-level positions in government, business, industry and in universities around the world.
• The University is situated in the heart of the central business and cultural district on a tree-lined boulevard surrounded by parklands and gardens, and bordered by the River Torrens.
About Adelaide, South Australia
The University of Adelaide’s English Language Centre is located in the cultural heart of Adelaide on North Terrace.
Adelaide is the perfect place to enjoy a rewarding study experience in a relaxed, beautiful environment.
Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia, is a compact multicultural hub with a one-million-strong population made up of over 100 different ethnic communities, many proudly maintaining links with their homeland culture. Adelaide combines interest, creativity and liveliness with a safe and clean environment. South Australians lead a relaxed but stimulating lifestyle in a state rich in history, and a particular love of fine wine and food.
Adelaide is a very livable city, significantly cheaper to live in than most other Australian capital cities, with lots to see, good transport to get around on, and lots to do, for example:
• Features and Festivals. South Australia is the Festival State. There are more than 500 different festivals held each year, including the world-renowned Adelaide Festival and Womadelaide, which cater for a range of cultural tastes from the traditional to the offbeat.
• Recreation. There are many pastimes available, from sport to travel, dining at the many local restaurants to outdoor activities such as swimming, sailing and windsurfing at nearby beaches.
The Natural Beauty of South Australia
The natural beauty of South Australia encompasses a diverse range of different landscapes – from the rugged Flinders Ranges to the sweeping coastlines of the Fleurieu Peninsula, to the enchanting Adelaide Hills surrounding the city.
Spectacular nearby tourist attractions include:
• the Australian outback, with its diverse wildlife
• the unspoilt beauty of Kangaroo Island
• the major wine producing areas of the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills and Clare Valley
• whale watching at Victor Harbor
• the natural beauty of the Flinders Ranges
• opal mining at Cooper Pedy
• cruising on the River Murray.
Adelaide enjoys a mediterranean climate, with warm, dry summers and cool, mild winters.
How do I get more information?
For more information on any of our programs, your application, dates, fees or studying at The University of Adelaide in general, please contact our friendly staff.
The English Language Centre
The University of Adelaide
International Education Media Trinity House Heather Park Drive London HA0 1SU
Tel: 00 44 (0)208 902 1485 Fax: 00 44 (0) 208 902 9445