Law at Griffith University
The Griffith Law School, established in 1992, has fast developed a reputation at the cutting-edge of Australian legal education. Our staff have won awards for excellence in teaching, and have enjoyed outstanding success in competitive research grants. Our students have won national competitions in mooting, client interviewing and negotiating, and our graduate satisfaction ratings place us consistently among the top five Schools in the country.
Novel approaches to social justice issues, and to providing students with practical legal experience and a contextual understanding of law, help to diversify students' experience of Law School. Courses such as Indigenous Australians and the Law, Internet Technology Law, and the Innocence Project, make studying law at Griffith a rewarding and enriching experience.
* We teach on two campuses: Brisbane (Nathan) and Gold Coast.
* We take around 150 new students per year at Nathan and 100 at the Gold Coast.
* Our low staff-student ratios mean high individual contact with lecturers and tutors.
* Our teaching staff consistently win teaching awards and nationally competitive research grants.
* We take a critical, interdisciplinary approach to law teaching, with a distinct social justice orientation.
* We integrate the development of skills into every aspect of our curriculum development.
The Griffith Law School regularly receives some of the highest approval ratings in Australia from its graduates for its teaching, generic skills and overall satisfaction. In a 1999 survey Griffith was ranked as having the best public law school in Queensland, Australia. In 2002 in an independent survey students ranked our Law School amongst the top five in Australia.
A large number of overseas students complete programs offered at Griffith University. International students can either do 3 years of Graduate Law, 5 years of a degree combined with another discipline or can spend 6 or 12 months as study abroad students. In all these cases you will have the chance to learn about a new culture and experience an enriching educational environment in one of the world’s most livable regions. Add an International perspective to your education, make life long friends, embrace the Aussie culture, explore your surrounds and have the time of your life!
Courses in Law
Elective courses that may be of interest to both full programe as well as study abroad students include:
* Cross-Cultural Justice in Australia
* Trade, Globalization and Environmental Law
* Indigenous Australian Peoples and the Law
* Public International Law
* Advanced Public International Law
* International Trade Law
* Internet Technology and the Law
* Legal Fictions
* Legal Services and Marketing
* Sports Law
We are one of few Australian law schools to offer our students hands-on experience in the development and application of legal skills and knowledge. These courses have restricted entry, but are available to all international students. They include:
* The Innocence Project (Gold Coast campus)
* Alternative Dispute Resolution clinic (Nathan campus)
* Public Interest Lawyering clinic (Nathan campus)
For more information go to:
International Education Media Trinity House Heather Park Drive London HA0 1SU
Tel: 00 44 (0)208 902 1485 Fax: 00 44 (0) 208 902 9445